What if I told you there IS a way to make a delicious Keto friendly version that actually tastes like REAL lasagna!? Plus, there isn’t any sort of veggie noodle involved. Awesome, right?
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 24 ounce jar Marinara Sauce (Such as Rao’s)
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 cups Italian Blend Cheese, shredded (or 1 cup mozzarella and 1 cup Parmesan, combined)
additional fresh basil for garnish, optional
1. Roll prepared “Fathead” dough very thinly on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper. Bake for 12-14 minutes at 400 degrees until slightly brown. Cut into long lasagna “noodles”, and set aside.
2. Saute onion, bell pepper, and garlic with a little cooking oil in a large skillet.
3. Add both ground beef and sausage. Crumble and cook meat in the skillet.
4. Stir in marinara sauce.
5. In a small separate bowl stir ricotta cheese, egg, and fresh basil together.
6. Start compiling lasagna in a 9×13 casserole dish by adding sauce to the bottom, followed by a layer of ricotta mixture, shredded cheese and then the “noodles”.
7. Repeat and then end with a layer of sauce and shredded cheese.
8. Bake covered with foil for 25 minutes on 375 degrees. Bake another 10 minutes uncovered. (Tip: Spray foil with non-stick spray FIRST to avoid the foil from sticking to the cheese while baking.)
9. Serve with additional chopped basil, if desired.