These low carb keto recipes are easy to make for breakfast and will ensure you kick-start the day with plenty of energy while allowing you to burn fat and lose weight all day long.
The problem with keto breakfasts is that they often only contain bacon and eggs, which tends to be boring in the long run. With this article, I want to give you 7 easy keto recipes you can make for breakfast that will be tasteful and unique.
Every single one of these recipes respects the ketogenic diet, which means they contain a high amount of fat, a decent amount of protein, and little to no carbs.
By the way, did I mention the keto diet is a great way to lose weight? In case you didn’t know, the ketogenic diet is rich in healthy fats and proteins which promote blood sugar balance and lower your insulin levels, while helping you lose weight fast by reducing cravings, especially if you eat a keto breakfast instead of a high carb breakfast, which makes you hungry after only 2 hours of eating it.
Without further ado, here are the recipes you’ve come here for:
1. Almond Cream Cheese Pancakes
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp almond flour (60g)
- 1/2 cup full fat cream cheese (125g)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp granulated sweetener (optional)
- butter for frying
Mix all ingredients in a blender.
Fry pancakes in melted butter in a non-stick pan over a medium heat. Turn over once the centre begins to bubble. The pancakes should be smallish, ca 10-12 cm in diameter. About the right size to fit them in the toaster the next day should you be so lucky to have any leftovers.
- I have not added the butter to the nutritional info – how much butter you need will depend on the type of pan you use.
- You can add 1/2 tsp of baking powder if you want your Keto pancakes super-fluffy
- Nutrition is calculated per portion of 2 pancakes each
If you thought you couldn’t have pancakes on the ketogenic diet, think again. These low carb pancakes taste just like the real ones, without the bad carbs.
If you’re looking for a satiating keto breakfast that you can prepare during the weekend, put in the freezer and heat every morning before going to work, this is it.
This delicious sausage scramble can be made in many ways so you never get bored: with tomato sauce, salsa, drizzled with Hollandaise…
Never again will you have to eat the same bland breakfast day in, day out to stick to your diet.
- 1 pound breakfast sausage (I prefer Jimmy Dean)
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
Cook and crumble sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat until cooked through. Do not drain fat unless there is an overabundance. Reduce heat to medium then push sausage to one side of the skillet to make room to cook the eggs. If your skillet is too small to allow for at least half the bottom of the pan to be free for the eggs, remove half of the sausage then add back after the eggs have cooked. We want to have enough surface area in the skillet for the eggs to cook. Combine eggs, milk, salt, pepper and garlic powder in a large bowl then whisk until eggs are thoroughly scrambled. Pour egg mixture into pan then cook per your preference (I like mine super soft). Once eggs are almost done, add 1 cup of cheese then mix eggs, cheese and sausage together. Top with remaining cheese and onions then serve. I like to have mine with fresh salsa or hot sauce!
3. Low Carb Breakfast Pizza
If you find yourself eating cold pizza for breakfast any time you have some pizza leftovers, this recipe is for you.
It’s a great way to make an easy keto pizza for breakfast without leftovers, using some basic ingredients.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp Pizza Sauce
- 2 tbsp feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 5 slices pepperoni
- dash Italian seasoning
- Heat butter in an egg pan over medium low heat. (You don’t have to use an egg pan, but it does make things easier.)
- Once the butter is melted and the pan is heated, crack the eggs into the pan.
- Once the whites just barely start to set and turn white, spoon the sauce onto the eggs and sprinkle the feta over top.
- Reduce heat to low and continue cooking. Once the whites are almost completely set, add the mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, and Italian seasoning on top.
- Continue cooking on low until the whites are completely set, the pepperoni is cooked and the cheese is melted.
4. Low Carb Biscuits (Gluten-Free)
What I like about these biscuits is that they are so easy to make. You only need about 5 minutes to mix everything up, and then let the oven do its magic.
Perfect if you like fresh, hot biscuits for breakfast.
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Coconut flour
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1/4 cup Cheddar Cheese
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp Onion powder
- 1/8 tsp Dried Parsley
- 1/8 tsp Pink Salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Baking powder
Melt butter in a coffee mug by microwaving for 20 seconds.
Add coconut flour, baking powder, and seasonings. Mix to incorporate with a fork.
Add egg, water, cheese and heavy whipping cream. Mix until combined.
Microwave for 3 minutes. Immediately remove from mug and allow to cool for 2 minutes.
Slice and enjoy.
5. Bacon Egg & Cheese Roll-Ups
If you’re fond of bacon and cheese, here’s a low carb breakfast recipe that’s been made for you.
Made in only 5 minutes, it’s perfect for those busy morning when you still want to eat some real food instead of jumping on the nearest pack of cookies.
It’s also very healthy and well-balanced, so feel free to have it more than once a week if you want to.
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh chives
- 18 slices bacon
- 2 c. shredded cheddar
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and garlic powder and season with salt and pepper.
- In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add eggs and scramble, 3 minutes, then stir in chives.
- On a cutting board, lay out three strips of bacon. Sprinkle the bottom third with cheddar and top with a large spoonful of scrambled eggs. Roll up tightly. Repeat with remaining cheese and eggs.
- Return skillet to heat and add bacon roll-ups seam side down. Cook until crispy on all sides, then transfer to a paper towel–lined plate to drain fat. Serve.
6. McMuffin & Egg Sandwich
This is such a clever way to enjoy a delicious McMuffin and Egg Sandwich without ruining your health, by adapting it to be keto-friendly.
Perfect to have a delicious and filling breakfast and kickstart your work day.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 sausage patties, cooked
- 2 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- a few slices of avocado
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Place lightly oiled mason jar rings or silicone egg molds into the pan.
- Crack the eggs into the rings and use a fork to break the yolks and gently whisk. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until eggs are cooked through. Remove the eggs from the rings.
- Place one of the eggs on a plate and top it with half of the mayonnaise. Top the egg with one of the sausage patties.
- Top the sausage patty with a slice of cheese and avocado.
- Put the second sausage patty on top of the avocado and top it with the remaining cheese.
- Spread the remaining mayonnaise on the second cooked egg and put it on top of the cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
7. Avocado Bacon & Eggs
I’m sure you know avocado is a great source of fat on the ketogenic diet, so what better way to start the day than to eat one of these little fat bombs?
Made with avocado, bacon, cheese and eggs, it’s the perfect way to be full and start your day on the right foot, while getting some necessary vitamins and nutrients.
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 eggs
- 1 piece bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 tbsp low-fat cheese
- pinch salt
Preheat oven to 425.
Begin by cutting the avocado in half and removing the pit.
With a spoon, scoop out some of the avocado so it’s a tad bigger than your egg and yolk. Place in a muffin pan to keep the avocado stable while cooking.
Crack your egg and add it to the inside of your avocado. Sprinkle a little cheese on top with a pinch of salt. Top with cooked bacon.Cook for 14-16 minutes. Serve warm.
8. Keto Breakfast Pepper Rings
If you’re tired of eggs and bacon and looking for a different kind of keto breakfast, here’s a great recipe made with ground beef (or sausage), bell peppers, eggs, and cheese.
It’s very satiating and healthy as many other low carb breakfasts in this article, but it has the added benefit of helping you change your routine and eat something different for a while.
Diversity is very important on any diet if you want to stick to it, so be sure to try new recipes whenever you start to get bored.
- 2 Red Bell Peppers
- 8 Eggs
- 1lb Breakfast Sausage (you only need 1/2 of this but can serve the rest with breakfast if you’d like or save for the next meal)
- 4 Tbsp Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Coconut Oil
- In a small skillet brown breakfast sausage and drain, then set aside.
- Remove the tops from your red peppers and cleaning out the seeds. Cut peppers into 4 rings.
- Heat 2Tbsp of Coconut Oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Place peppers in the skillet and let them cook while the oil heats.
- Once the oil starts to sizzle crack one egg into each ring. Be sure to pour the egg into the ring slowly so it has time to seal around the bottom of the ring. Some of the egg may leak out or overflow.
- Salt and pepper each ring to taste then add 2 Tbsp of sausage around the yolk of each ring.
- Cook eggs to desired doneness. I broke the yokes for the kids but still left them runny, I made my eggs over easy. The choice is yours.